Our Market Overview page serves as a snapshot of what is happening in the market. One of the most powerful features on this page is the ability to create your own custom news feeds (e.g. tech M&A). In this article, we will go over how to best use our Market Overview page!
1. The Market Overview page is broken down into 4 main sections:
a. Performance of indices at the top
b. Custom market news feed on the left
c. Most Active/Gainers/Losers on the right
d. Stock price changes by Sectors/Regions/Assets/Factors
Let’s explore each of these.
2. The real-time performance of the indices at the top is pretty self-explanatory. We currently display the daily performance of the S&P 500, NASDAQ, Dow Jones, and Russell 2000.
3. By far the most interesting feature on this page is the Custom Market News Feeds. Here, you can create your own feed to track news that is most relevant to you. You can filter the news by 100s of topics - industry, region, macro, company events, etc.
4. Simply click on the dropdown menu “Filter News By Topic.” Use the “Click to Browse All Topics” button to explore the hundreds of potential filters that you can apply to create highly specific custom news feeds.
5. The best part is that you can combine multiple filters to create a highly specific news feed. Lots of potential to create interesting news feeds (e.g. retail companies repurchasing shares). For example, you can track news for mergers & acquisitions in the energy industry.
6. You can change the name of the feed to “Energy M&A” in the News Feed Settings on the top left. You can also create additional feeds by clicking “Add Newsfeed” in the top right corner.
7. On the right hand side you can see the main movers in the stock market today. Most Active shows the stocks with the highest trading volume in the day, Gainers are stocks that are up big on the day, and Losers are stocks that are down.
8. Finally, on the bottom right we show % daily price changes in real-time by Sector, Region, Asset, and Factor. Sector includes a number of industry ETFs such as Technology, Health Care, Real Estate, Financials, etc.
9. Regions shows the % daily price changes of a variety of ETFs by geography, including Developed Markets ex-US, Emerging Markets, Frontier Markets, etc.
10. Assets shows % daily price changes for other assets outside of the equity markets, including commodities, fixed income, etc.
11. Factors shows % daily price changes for a variety of factors, including Value, Quality, Momentum, Size, Growth, ESG, etc.
We are constantly improving this page and the rest of the app, but this is how to best use our current Market Overview page.
You can also check out this video that walks through how to best use the Market Overview page and how to create your own custom market newsfeeds.